PS4 software sales dominate the bone
After just a month in the top spot, the Xbox One gave way to the PlayStation 4 for the month of May, according to the latest NPD numbers released. But the PS4 didn’t just sell hardware, the system also outsold the Xbox One for nearly all software in the top 10.
The software side saw two very good debuts. While Witcher 3 went ahead and claimed top honors for its first month (which we kind of expected), Splatoon also sneaked into the top 10 at number five after just a few days of sales for the month of May. Not too shabby for a brand new IP on an under-performing console.
Here’s your software top 10 for May 2015:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii , 3DS, Vita)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)