Y’see, Britain only has 20 games on sale at any one time
It’s another successful week for Joseph Seed and co. as Ubisoft’s foreboding shooter Far Cry 5 maintains its position at the top of the UK charts. EA’s FIFA 18 is still a permanent fixture at number two, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roaring into third, well over a year after its initial release.
The unstoppable Grand Theft Auto V climbed back to number four with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds bringing up the rear in fifth. Open-world RPG Fallout 4 has made yet another re-entry into the big leagues, while Crash Bandicoot rounds out the list at number ten.
Elsewhere in the charts, a huge re-entry was made by Bethesda’s Prey, slamming in at number 19. Also making their return to the Top 40 were Capcom’s Resident Evil 7 at number 31 and Sony’s Shadow of the Colossus at number 34.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: April 14 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Far Cry 5 – Ubisoft
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
4. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
5. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
6. Sea of Thieves – Microsoft
7. Fallout 4 – Bethesda
8. Gran Turismo: Sport – Sony Computer Entertainment
10. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Activision
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]