Dying Light is to die for
After being knocked off the top spot as the best-selling console for the past two months, Sony’s PS4 regained the much-coveted sales marker for the month of January. Not only is it back at number one, but it also continues its overall lead in the U.S.
The Xbox One fell back to the second spot, despite the momentum gained the previous two months from price cuts. As for the Wii U, eh, they sold some to someone, I’m sure.
Since its November 2013 launch, the PS4 has sold 18.5 million units and 81.8 million software units to consumers worldwide.
On the software side, Dying Light was the best-selling game for January with the PS4 version leading the way. Here’s a breakdown of January’s software sales:
- Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One ,PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)
- Far Cry 4 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Madden NFL 15 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)