There’s a bevy of press conferences happening in Germany
We’ve already gotten the news from Activision’s Call of Duty event earlier today but there’s plenty of big things happening at gamescom this week. Here’s an idea of when you’re going to hear all the news from Microsoft, Sony, and more from Germany.
- Microsoft: August 12 at 2:00pm CEST/1:00pm GMT/8:00am EDT. Expect a continuation of what we saw at E3; more trailers for first-party titles like Forza 5, Halo 5, and exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and Fantasia: Music Evolved.
- Sony: August 12 at 7:00pm CEST/6:00pm GMT/1:00pm EDT. Again, expect more news about Q4 releases but there will be a guaranteed Destiny segment and we’re led to believe that there will be a demo shown for an unannounced Japanese title.
- Electronic Arts: August 13 at 10:00am CEST/9:00am GMT/4:00am EDT. Does an early press conference indicate a lack of games to show? Maybe but we’re being told our first look at BioWare’s upcoming title will be at gamescom so that should make it into the press conference.
There’s also going to be some presentations streamed on Twitch that will be worth tuning in for:
- Halo Special Presentation: August 13 at 11:00am CEST/10:00am GMT/5:00am EDT. A special look at the upcoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be broadcast from the Halo Booth.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: August 13 at 8:00pm CEST/7:00pm GMT/2:00pm EDT. Konami will be showing off some gameplay of the latest installment of the MGS franchise but what’s more intriguing is the promise a Q&A session with Hideo Kojima. Could be very interesting to tune into that.