More players in the union room
The first deals with the Union Room. Now you can add up to eight players locally or online, and flash your trainer cards or capsule decorations. It’s a small alteration, but a welcome one in terms of expanding the social elements of the game.
The second is extra Colosseum functionality. You can fight with custom rulesets, like the number of Pokemon present or their levels — and engage in single, double, or multi-battles both locally and online.
In terms of the third part of the patch, it’s a little trickier. Here’s the full wording from the patch: “Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.” Translation? Glitched/duped Pokemon are scanned and will be prevented from going into the pool. It’s something folks have wanted for a while.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0 patch notes:
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released February 21, 2022)
- Union Room functions have been expanded.
- The maximum number of players you can play with via local or internet communication in Union Rooms has been increased to eight. Also, by selecting Greeting or Capsule Decorations, you can show each other your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
- Additional Colosseum battle feature has been added.
- Enter the Colosseum on the 2nd floor of a Pokémon Center to battle with other players using custom rulesets.
- In the Colosseum, you can set rules, such as the number of Pokémon to send into battle as well as their levels, and play Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles via local or internet communication.
- Pokémon Trading and Battles
- Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.
- Fixed some issues for more pleasant gameplay.