Perks and discounts on Guardians
Hardcore Halo fan looking to pick up Halo 5: Guardians on its release day? For those thinking of pre-ordering, there are actually some interesting pre-order perks from several retailers.
Lots of offers abound, but we’re slightly favoring the Microsoft Store (until tomorrow anyways). They’re offering a $10 bonus Xbox gift card and if you pre-order before Friday, October 23rd at 1PM ET you’ll get free release day delivery on 10/27. Otherwise Best Buy’s $10 in “My Best Buy Rewards” plus 20% off for GamersClub Unlocked members is very attractive, as is Amazon’s $10 off deal with a Prime membership.
Halo 5: Guardians Standard Edition Deals
- Microsoft Store — $59.99 + $10 Xbox eGift + Release Day Delivery + DLC
- Best Buy — $59.99 ($47.99 w/ GamersClub) + $10 Rewards + DLC
- Amazon — $59.99 ($49.99 w/ Prime) + DLC
- GameStop — $59.99 + DLC
- Walmart — $59.99 + $5 VUDU Movie Credits
Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Deals
- Microsoft Store — $99.99 + $10 Xbox eGift + Release Day Delivery + DLC
- Best Buy — $99.99 ($79.99 w/ GamersClub + $10 Rewards + DLC
- GameStop — $99.99 + DLC
- Amazon — $99.99 ($84.99 w/ Prime) + DLC
Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition Deals
- Best Buy — $249.99 ($200 w/ GamersClub) + $10 Rewards + DLC
- Amazon — $249.99 ($229.99 w/ Prime) + DLC
DLC Bonus Per Retailer
Not all deals are created equal. GameStop, for instance, does not have any bonuses besides a “unique” DLC bonus, while retailers like Walmart only offer bonus incentives and have no unique DLC. The best offers might be those that include both, but in case you’re a big fan and want a specific set of unique DLC, here’s the breakdown of who’s offering what:
- Amazon: Projection SMG with Long Barrel and the Saturnine Visor
- Microsoft: Lagrange Assault Rifle Weapon Skin, Recon Assault Rifle with Energy Bayonet.
- Best Buy: Athlon Armor and Longshot Assault Rifle
- GameStop: Spartan Locke Armor Set
Update: To clarify, these are just DLCs that unlocks said weapon/armor skins above. They are as far as we know cosmetic in nature and won’t change gameplay. You’ll be able to unlock all the items above after launch.