Win one of ten copies!
If you follow me on Twitter, you know I’m crazy about this series. So it’s my extreme pleasure to bring you folks a giveaway for Slothwerks new game: Meteorfall: Krumit’s Tale. It’s even more so my pleasure, to say that this one is just as good as the mobile game: Meteorfall: Journey (also on iOS, link before is android).
I absolutely adore this series of games. Both will keep you playing into the wee hours of the night/morning, but both can also be played during short breaks, and still leave you satisfied. Kurmit’s Tale is currently in Early Access, for a whopping $7.99, and I highly urge you all to try it out, if you love deck builders, strategy, amazing art, and awesome devs, who work hard to update their games constantly. Before you go slapping that dosh down though, why not try to win a copy here (or just go buy it, they deserve that dosh)! I’ll get into the how you win in a minute (I’m not as fancy as Wes, with his widgets), but let’s look at the Steam blurb before that:
“Battle the likes of sozzled bearbearians and nuke-addled snotwolves to protect our glowing green world from the sweaty hands of the Uberlich! Krumit’s Tale involves the same core deck building mechanics as Meteorfall: Journeys and the same cast of overly optimistic heroes, but expands the ‘swipe’ mechanic into a dynamic grid based system. This means more depth and longevity – our heroes will have to choose perks to complement their deck-building strategy and carefully manage the board if they wish to triumph.
Unique roguelike gameplay
Your hero starts out with a deck of basic cards (items & abilities). At the start of each dungeon, your hero’s deck is shuffled into the dungeon deck (monsters) and dealt out in a 3×3 grid. Defeat monsters to earn gold, then use that gold to acquire your items & abilities from the dungeon. Remove a tile from the dungeon and a new one will be dealt out from the dungeon deck. After you clear a dungeon, you’ll earn new, powerful cards to add to your deck as well as perks – passive traits that bend the rules of the game.
The exciting and colorful cast of Meteorfall: Journeys (iOS & Android) returns in Krumit’s Tale. Join your favorite heroes: Bruno, Greybeard, Mischief, Rose and Muldorf as they attempt to defeat the Uberlich in this exciting new adventure. You’ll also meet Krumit, a mysterious shop owner who trades in magical artifacts. Why has he summoned you to his shop, and what secrets does he hold?
Unlockable heroes and cards
When you first visit Krumit, you’ll only be able to select Bruno. After each run, you’ll earn XP and automatically unlock new characters and cards. Krumit’s Tale respects your time – you’ll be able to unlock all of the content easily through normal gameplay, and never have to grind.
.. and a whole lot more
- 4 unique heroes planned at launch (currently Bruno / Greybeard, with more coming during Early Access)
- 40+ perks – passive abilities that change the rules of the game
- 40+ unique cards per hero, plus a neutral pool of shared cards
- Ideal for short bursts of play – runs take about 45-60 minutes and autosave allows you to quit at any time and continue later
- 20+ enemies, each beautifully animated by the talented Evgeny Viitman (artist for Meteorfall: Journeys)
- Innovative grid-based system gives players opportunity to construct awesome combos and plan ahead
- Procedurally generated journey – each run, the dungeons you’ll encounter vary
- A whimsical but deeply thought out world, humorous script and diverse cast of characters and NPC’s – the Meteorfall Universe grows!
- Evgeny Viitman’s iconic art and animations
- Craig Barnes’ compelling musical compositions
- Intricate tales and item flavor penned by Danny Wadeson
- Krumit’s professionally voice acted by Adrian Vaughan”