Microsoft has just announced that this week’s Xbox Live Arcade title is the classic Root Beer Tapper. Now, for you chilluns that’s ROOT BEER — that bubbly soda that tastes like candy. For us grown ups, it’s that stuff that’ll get you crunk, na’ what I mean? Like blind. Mmmm, passed out blind. Check out the HD-friendly screenshots.
In addition, there’s are some new picture packs and themes:
Also, two new themes and gamer picture packs will become available on Wednesday featuring characters from the highly popular Xbox Live Arcade game Small Arms. The picture packs feature four different character pictures and one meat picture, and the themes will feature four different characters, one on each dashboard blade.
Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays Serves Up “Root Beer Tapper”
Order up bottomless, frothy fun this Xbox Live® Arcade Wednesday with “Root Beer Tapper” from Digital Eclipse and Midway. Impatient patrons cannot get enough of the revitalized carbonated beverage classic, and neither will gamers. “Root Beer Tapper” will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360™ beginning Wednesday, Feb. 7, at 9 a.m. GMT (1 a.m. PST).
Updated to support a high-definition soda shop experience, “Root Beer Tapper” puts players behind the bar, face-to-face with salivating customers. They must ensure that patrons’ root beer mugs are filled to the brim or risk losing a job. Great service with a smile, on the other hand, can earn players extra points in the form of tips.
You can attempt the thirst-quenching thrill game alone, or tap into multiplayer mode to stave off parched cowboys, athletes, punk rockers and even a few aliens. The best bartender can boast his or her score on the Xbox Live Leaderboards.
“Root Beer Tapper” will be available worldwide (excluding Korea and Japan) for 400 Microsoft® Points.
· Authentic to the original game, “Root Beer Tapper” on Xbox Live Arcade brings you a classic favorite.
· Take on a bar full of thirsty folks in “Root Beer Tapper” and see if you can keep their mugs full.
· Grab the empty mugs before they slide off the bar.
· Earn extra points by collecting tips.
· Locate and open the one can that has not been shaken up and serve it up to waiting patrons in the bonus rounds.
· Enjoy high-definition support for detailed graphics.
· Play either locally or over Xbox Live* in co-op or versus modes.
· Have your scores posted on the Xbox Live Leaderboard. High scores are tracked for the current week and also for all-time arcade, co-op and versus game modes.
· Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 gamerscore points.
Where Can I Get It?
You can download “Root Beer Tapper” beginning Wednesday, Feb. 7, at 1 a.m. PST on Xbox Live Arcade.
“Root Beer Tapper” is rated E for Everyone.