Microsoft’s neat little virtual arcade space, “Game Room,” has hit Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows today. That’s the good news, I guess.
Here’s the bad news: Users are reporting that it just doesn’t work. Reports are coming in from all over the Internet (and verified by me) that you simply can’t load the damned thing on the Xbox 360; the progress bar gets stuck. So right now, I guess it’s just “Room,” right? The Windows version is broken, too, giving users an installation error.
Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson says it’s aware of the problem, and that it’s being investigated. But in the meantime, here’s an awesome Xbox 360 workaround discovered by a NeoGAF forum user:
1. Sign in
2. Load Game Room and press start.
3. When Loading hangs, press Guide, press X to sign out.
4. Remove network cable/usb for Wifi.
5. Sign in with profile.
6. Press Start and press B when it says you must be signed in XBL to use all features.
7. Room loaded, it asks you if you want to sign into XBL to get most of features (Note this is the second time its asked you). Attach Wifi/Network cable and wait till you get the green light (On Wifi).
8. Connect to Live.
Yeah, no thanks. I’ll wait for the fix. I don’t need to play Centipede that bad.
Microsoft’s Game Room Broken on Release [Negative Gamer]
[Update: All fixed up now. Give it a shot; it’s actually kind of cool.]