During the September 2023 State of Play, we got a Release Date Announcement Trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth. At the end of the trailer we got a first look at the Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth Collector’s Edition, and oh boy is it beautiful. Included is a 19-inch Sephiroth statue—in pure Sephiroth form, might I add—as well as a sick-looking steel book. Unfortunately, you’re gonna have to shell out a lot of Gil for this one. The Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth Collector’s Edition is priced at $349.99.
As per usual with Square Enix Collector’s Editions, supplies are limited and only available through the Square Enix Store. Full contents include the Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, the Sephiroth statue, and the following DLC:
- Moogle Trio Summoning Materia (DLC)
- A summoning materia that can call “Moogle Trio” in the game.
- Magic Pot Summoning Materia (DLC)
- A summoning materia that can call “Magic Pot” in the game.
- Accessory: Reclaimant Choker (DLC)
- A choker with an effect of restoring HP when an enemy is defeated.
- Armor: Orchid Bracelet (DLC)
- A bracelet that gives courage to traverse an expanding world.
- Armor: Midgar Bangle Mk. II (DLC)
- A bracelet worn by travelers leaving Midgar.
As much as I want this, I don’t think I can justify it. The statue looks decent quality, but certainly not price-of-a-console quality. But, for those who collect this stuff, I’m sure this is just what they were looking for. Still, it does feel like the price on these Collector’s Editions continues to rise while the contents shift to mostly digital stuff.
For me it’s all about the steelbook, which it appears actually comes with the Deluxe Edition which is priced at $99.99. That seems a bit more reasonable to me.
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth releases exclusively on PlayStation 5 on February 29, 2024.