Warcraft III remaster!
Not bad, Blizzard.
After a slow delayed start and a proverbial passing of the presidential torch from Mike Morhaime to J. Allen Brack, the show got rolling. The Lucio-Oh’s cereal and the free Destiny 2 PC news came early on before the opening ceremony officially started, then rolled right into Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft Classic. The fact that the latter is going to be free for all current WoW subscribers is enough of a mic drop (previously folks speculated that it would require a separate sub), but then they announced Warcraft III: Reforged: a remastered version of WCIII with a ton of extras.
Oh and Diablo Immortal, that Diablo mobile project that Blizzard hinted at a few months ago actually looks like a legitimate action RPG (aRPG) with multiplayer to boot. There was a little something for every type of Blizzard fan this year.
- That Overwatch Lucio-Oh’s cereal is real
- Destiny 2 is free right now on PC through Battle.net
- Heroes of the Storm introduces ‘Orphea,’ an original Blizzard character
- World of Warcraft Classic launches Summer 2019, free to all WoW subscribers
- Blizzard is actually making a Janitor Leoric skin for Heroes of the Storm
- A new Saurfang-heavy World of Warcraft cinematic sets the tone for patch 8.1
- You can adopt the cute little Whomper in World of Warcraft to support charity
- Badass gunslinger Ashe is your 29th Overwatch Hero
- Overwatch’s new hero Ashe debuts in animated short
- Warcraft III: Reforged steals the show at BlizzCon
- Blizzard pays the Troll Toll: Hearthstone’s next expansion is Rastakhan’s Rumble
- Diablo Immortal is Blizzard’s new online action-RPG for mobile