Europe has to wait a bit longer though
I’ve been anxiously anticipating Dissidia Final Fantasy NT ever since we started seeing footage of its Japanese arcade edition, but luckily, not only was it confirmed for a PlayStation 4 release some time ago, we won’t have to wait too much longer for it. Releasing January 11 in Japan, and January 30 in North America (but Europe is stuck with a vague “Early 2018” window), you can nab the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (exclusively) from the Square Enix Online Store. It’ll run you $189.99 USD and includes the following:
- Warrior of Light bust figure, 8.25” tall and super sharp looking
- Official soundtrack with 15 tracks selected from the Dissidia series and newly recorded music
- 80-page hardback artbook
- Season Pass that gives access to six new playable characters and content post launch
- SteelBook case unique to the “UCE”
- Collector’s Box featuring legendary Final Fantasy characters
If that’s a little steep, pre-ordering the game at $59.99 can still get you the “Steelbook Brawler Edition,” which gives you one of three randomly selected steelbook cases. There’s also a digital version that comes with a five song soundtrack and Warrior of Light skin, or a deluxe digital version ($84.99) which comes with those two things and the season pass.
It’s good to know I don’t have to shell out 200 bones to get a cool looking case, but there’s a good chance I’m throwing money down on the season pass. It’s unfortunate, but I’m the kind of sucker who’ll certainly shell out the money if the six new characters, weapons, and the like are cool enough. Was anyone lucky enough to get into the closed beta?