“This match will get red hot!”
“Cuphead hot sauce” isn’t something I thought I’d wake up to, but in this era of merchandise-heavy tie-ins, I should have known better.
Jade City Foods is partnering with the Netflix show line specifically for several products: three types of Cuphead coffee, and six types of hot sauce, which are detailed below and on their storefront. The latter is $16 a bottle, with the reaper/scorpion/ghost pepper omega trio bottle (appropriately bottled with the devil) coming in at a premium $18: you can also buy the six-pack for $90.
As someone who is currently subscribed to a hot sauce of the month club, I’m interested in a few of the habanero flavors in particular. Scorpion and ghost are so easy to mess up (although there are plenty of great mixes), but these days the habanero racket is pretty consistent in quality; with just the right amount of flavor and heat, even for hot-heads and non-hot-heads alike.
I’m still a ways away from realizing my dream of making my own locally-bottled hot sauce (I think I’ve settled on a recipe, but need space to grow the peppers), but I’m getting there!
- Cuphead “Looking For Fun”- Dark Roast Coffee
- Ms. Chalice “Sunshine Blend” – Medium Roast Coffee
- Mugman “Good Times Blend” – Light Roast Coffee
Cuphead Hot Sauce:
- Cuphead “Double Down” – Strawberry Habanero Hot Sauce
- Mugman “Quit While You’re Ahead”- Blue Raspberry Habanero Hot Sauce
- Ms. Chalice “Nothin But Trouble”- Blueberry Habanero Hot Sauce
- The Devil “Soul Collector”- Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce
- King Dice “Roll the Dice”- Charcoal Habanero Hot Sauce
- Elder Kettle “Cozy Cottage”- Smoked Jalapeno Hot Sauce