Re-release debuts at #1
It’s 2017 and Crash Bandicoot is back in the sales charts. The mad marsupial spun straight into the number one spot of the U.K. video game charts, knocking off perennial mainstay Grand Theft Auto V. This is also the first U.K. number one the series has ever had.
Also debuting this week was Codemaster’s Micro Machines: World Series, which took the number two position. Overwatch continues to sit comfortably at sixth place, maintaining its consistent mid-tier placing, whilst the PS4 release of Elite: Dangerous debuted at number seven. At the other end of the scale, Valkyria Revolution failed to make an impact with its entrance at number 34.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: July 1 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activision Blizzard
2. Micro Machines: World Series – Codemasters
3. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
4. Forza Horizon 3 – Microsoft
5. FIFA 17 – Electronic Arts
6. Overwatch – Blizzard
7. Elite: Dangerous – Sold Out Sales
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
9. DiRT 4 – Codemasters
10. Rocket League – 505 Games
This week sees little in the way of high street releases, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Crash was able to hold onto his revivalist glory a little longer.
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]