Better than between the moons…
We’ve got some Steam copies up for grabs in today’s contest for Between the Stars!
Space is super big. And super vast. And super scary. It’s kind of like the ocean (huge, expansive, terrifying), but like, different. It’s so weird! I think I’ll keep my feet firmly planted on terra firma, thank you very much.
For those of you who enjoy space, our friends over at Games Planet have given us five keys to space simulator Between the Stars. Adventure awaits! If you like aliens and black holes and spacedust and stuff.
Space sims are definitely not my strong suit, so I’ll let the developers tell you all about it.
Between the Stars is a space action game with RPG growth and real time combat that places you at the helm of an interstellar cruiser. Your mission will be to protect the civilized world from the Children of the Sun, a faction that dominates border planets in the known universe. In order to undertake your mission you must cross the galaxy, face new challenges at each warp jump, and make difficult decisions that affect your ship, crew and the world that surrounds you while upgrading your ship’s equipment and fighting in battles to survive.
- Fight in intense space battles in real time.
- Use special abilities on your ship in the right moment to mark the difference on the battlefield.
- Unlock, upgrade, personalize and buy different playable ships and their systems in order to conquer the galaxy.
- Create a captain and develop him throughout the adventure. Level him up and acquire different attributes depending on your decisions.
- Explore the stellar map and its events generated in a procedural universe.
- Visit space stations and planets across different sectors that make up the galaxy.
- Hire and upgrade your crew in order to face the dangers of the universe. Ensure their safety and cover your casualties, as well as level them up.
- Hundreds of text based events that will pit your capacity as well as your crews against countless dangers.
- Craft, salvage, and investigate new weaponry in order to augment your offensive capabilities.
- Decisions made in one event could change the evolution of the entire playthrough.
- Enjoy a standard difficulty mode or play with permadeath on for a challenge.
Yeah, space is just too damned big for me. Y’all have fun out there.
Space doesn’t have hot dogs — that’s a fact. If it did, though, what space ingredients would go on it? Answer this important question to enter to win a copy of the game.
We have five Steam keys to give out. Winners will be drawn Wednesday, June 12. Make sure to comment using a Dtoid account with your current email address on file. New users can sign up here to create a super special space dog.
Between the Stars is available now for PC. If you’re feeling antsy, you can purchase the game over on Games Planet for a special discount, now through June 10.