Maybe, just maybe, a patch will reinvigorate what little online community for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood there is left. Assuming there is any at all.
Up for download on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game as of today, the patch aims to balance multiplayer classes, create smoother matches, and “significantly reduce” checkpoint load times for PS3 users.
• Spy: damage increased; health increased;
• Gunslinger: recoil reduced; accuracy improved;
• Hombre: recoil and reload time increased; damage at long range significantly reduced;
• Veteran: health and accuracy decreased; additional pistols removed;
• Sniper: no-scope accuracy and damage significantly reduced; health decreased; sidearm Ranger swapped for Classic Gun
Even though I’ve failed to pick up Bound in Blood yet, it’s on my to-buy list. When it becomes slightly more affordable, that is. My favorite thing about playing videogames months after their original release is seeing the prompt to download an update, which will now be the case for this title.
Like the smell of a newly-opened game, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There’s no hope for me, I know.