Designer’s Cut is out
Did you blink? Well you missed the announcement that Borderlands 3 was getting more DLC.
It’s a second season pass actually, and the first part of that pass is out in the form of the Designer’s Cut. We reviewed it! You’re basically getting a new mode and four new skill trees: so your mileage may vary. Gearbox has a patch to go along with that DLC, which brings about a few changes to the overall framework of the game.
First up, Mayhem 11 is in the game, as well as new anointments for the fourth skill trees: all of which should help the never-ending chase. Other small tweaks including “updating some loading screen tips for clarity,” as well as optimization of the game’s memory and UI, and several bugs like photo mode crashes.
Zane’s Hitman tree has also been changed (Death Follows Close and Seein’ Red have swapped spots), with Seein’ Red getting +15% kill skill bonus. The Under Cover Tree (Confident Competence and Distributed Denial were swapped, with gun damage buffed from the former) and Double Agent Trees were also messed with (Duct Tape makes Zane immune to his own weapon and grenade damage, nice!). Amara and FL4K got a few small tweaks mostly to adjust anointment interactions, while Moze remains the same.
Gearbox has also finally unveiled the price of the second season pass: $29.99. This will include two DLCs, with the Designer’s Cut serving as the first half. I’m getting Destiny 1 flashbacks here with the never-ending SKUs on top of the $60 entry fee.
Patch and Hotfixes [Gearbox]
- Removed Mayhem Level Gear from enemies
- Added support Final Form character cosmetics to New-U stations
- Updated some loading screen tips for added clarity
- Modified audio priority system for player gunshots
- Optimized audio memory
- Optimized animation memory
- Prevented the Countdown at the start of Takedowns from flashing on the screen too quickly
- Updated the ECHO device to show the correct character portrait when characters spoke
- Addressed a reported concern where the Photo Mode would not activate when accessing it through the Quick Menu
- Resetting the camera using the Reset Camera function in Photo Mode will no longer reset to a random location
- Loading screens no longer appear zoomed in when in non-standard aspect ratios
- Optimized UI performance
- Prevented the ECHO Map from rotating unexpectedly
- Updated the Citizen Science Machine to prevent it from occasionally not functioning
- Addressed a reported concern where enemies did not spawn during the “Defend BALEX” objective during the mission “The Family Jewel” in Voracious Canopy
- Addressed a reported concern where the Eridium deposit failed to appear during the “Break Eridium Deposit” objective during the mission “Beneath the Meridian” in The Forgotten Basilica
- Nativized Hotfixes