Still fuel in those tanks
Electronic Arts’ beleaguered sci-fi opera Anthem is celebrating a second week on top of the U.K. Charts, managing to hold off several new releases and the ever-present threat on mainstays like Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2.
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame, the latest in a long line of clunky identikit releases, made its debut at number three, while Codemasters’ DiRT Rally 2.0 jammed into sixth place. Red Lynx stunt-fest Trials Rising: Gold Edition, just scraped into the premier league at number ten.
Koei Tecmo’s fighter, Dead or Alive 6, fared badly, failing to break even the Top 20, ultimately debuting at number 21, a rough start for a globally-recognised video game brand. Elsewhere in the charts it was business as usual, as Nintendo’s range of first-party releases jockeyed for position alongside hang-around titles such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Far Cry: New Dawn, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2 and FIFA 19.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: March 2 2019
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Anthem – Electronic Arts
2. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
3. Far Cry New Dawn – Ubisoft
4. The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame – Warner Bros.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
6. DiRT Rally 2.0 – Codemasters
7. Metro Exodus – Deep Silver
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
9. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
10. Trials Rising: Gold Edition – Ubisoft
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]