The war between Valeria and Alejandro culminates
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 Season 3 is here. With it, players can now acquire the Valeria and Alejandro operators, check out new multiplayer maps, use a couple of new weapons, and engage in some new multiplayer modes. Here are the full patch notes for both MW2 and Warzone 2.0.
All MW2 Season 3 patch notes
- Gunfight: 2v2 iconic mode on smaller-scale maps
- Cranked: A mix of Team Deathmatch with an explosive twist
- Core (6v6)
- Pelayo’s Lighthouse
- Black Gold
- Gunfight Maps (2v2)
- Battle Maps (Ground War and Invasion)
- Rohan Oil
- Sattiq Cave Complex
- BlackCell is a Battle Pass Bundle and Pro Pack combined with even more items. The BlackCell bundle is a premium offering that provides incredible value – to be used across both games.
Trophy Hunt New Limited-Time Event
- Players and enemy combatants will drop Trophies when eliminated. Trophies can also be found via loot. Trophies must be collected and secured at an Upload Station to add them to your bank.
- Trophies drop from each unique player killed. Collect Trophies and finish the match to add them to your bank.
- Battle Royale
- Operators and AI Combatants drop Trophies when eliminated
- You can find trophies via looting.
- Trophies are extracted from the match via the following methods:
- Secured at an Upload Station
- Match victory
- Operators and Agents drop trophies when killed. Trophies can also be in loot. Trophies must be collected and secured at an Upload Station, or extracted to add them to your bank.
- Once extracted, you can exchange trophies for items shown in the Events tab, including:
- Weapon Blueprints
- Vehicle Skins
- Battle Pass Token Tier Skips
- Those who redeem enough items will also unlock some exclusive Operator Skins for their efforts.
- FJX Imperium Sniper Rifle
- Engineered destruction at its finest, this anti-personnel, bolt-action Sniper Rifle intervenes in tense situations with hard-hitting .408 rounds.
- Cronen Squall Battle Rifle
- A bullpup, semi-automatic rifle chambered in 6.8 Wrath and designed for distance shooting and exceptional damage output.
- Bomb Squad
- Explosive Damage mitigation now also applies to Armor | Warzone 2.0 Only
- Damage Feedback
- Visual feedback adjusted to increase visibility when taking damage
- Death Effects
- Death Effects are now visible when killing AI
- Diving fire delay reduced
- Sliding speed slightly increased
- Added Thermal Vision to the Tactical Camera for Night Map Modes
- Gas Grenades should no longer detonate enemy explosives
- Flash Grenade
- Flash effect duration reduced
- Now kills downed Players when stuck
- Players watching a Killcam after a Cruise Missile takes them out will no longer be looking downwards when they respawn
- Reduced the range of screen shakes for Precision Airstrike explosions
- Juggernaut should now be able to see the tablet screen when planting or defusing a bomb
- Melee attacks can now destroy vehicle windows
- Knives can now pop vehicle tires
- Added a new cinematic music slider to the front end, which will allow Players to control UI music, game intros/outros, and cinematic sequences separately from music that happens during gameplay
- Various refinements to footstep and occlusion mixes
- Groups Request Manager
Quality of life improvements for requests to join groups in the Social menu.
- Player names now appear in the squad lists of a Private Battle Royale Match
- Added the ability to preview tracers and death effects that come with weapon Blueprints
- New front end/pre-game lobby scene
Weapons Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that disallowed Tuning on the Assault-60 Stock Factory for the FSS Hurricane, FTAC Recon, and Tempus Torrent
- Fixed incorrect ammo names on the SPW 40mm HE and KL40-M2 Underbarrel Grenade Launchers
- Addressed numerous Blueprints that you couldn’t bring into DMZ
- Fixed Underbarrel Launcher and Underbarrel Shotgun Attachment compatibility issues
- Fixed .50 GS Barrels that were not equipping properly
- Dealt with P890 Triggers that were not equipping properly
- Fixed Attachment descriptions for unlocks on the KV Broadside progression tree
- Fixed an incorrect unlock level description on the SP-X 80 progression tree
- Addressed an issue with the progression of .50 GS and KV Broadside camo challenges
- Fixed an issue where the UI would sometimes incorrectly display 6 out of 5 attachments
Vehicles Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue preventing tires on the Armored Truck from popping
- Fixed the minimap icon of the neutral LTV with a turret not having a turret
- Addressed an issue that traps the Player in vehicles much less likely
- Fixed an issue where roof-exiting on an ATV could push the Player through collision objects
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to exit a vehicle and leave Maps in certain areas
- Addressed an issue causing vehicles to sometime become disabled when one of their tires was still on land
- Fixed an issue that allowed helicopters to fly through objects after deploying AI
- Fixed an issue causing flares on the Heavy Chopper to deploy too high
- Addressed an issue causing War Tracks to not clear from Players in the turrets of the Armored Patrol Boat if the driver dies
Killstreaks Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing Crossbow bolts to not damage Recon Drones and Bomb Drones
- Fixed an issue causing Explosive Crossbow bolts to not damage the Wheelson
- Addressed a handful of issues that prevented Cluster Mines from earning damage correctly by different sources
- Fixed a small number of out of bounds issues that could impact piloting a Drone
Field Upgrades Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from using Armor while DDoS was active
Equipment Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Players using the Riot Shield from Drill Charges taking them out
UI/UX Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Players could spam invites to other Players as a form of griefing
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to whisper, toggle mute, report or block Players, and add friends from the Leaderboard at the end of a match
- Addressed an issue causing misaligned stats in the Scoreboard in Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue affecting Double Kill Challenge tracking in the UI
- Fixed an issue where the Basilisk, .50 GS and LA-B 330 weapons had incorrectly set weapon camo challenges
- In addition, addressed an issue allowing custom Perk Packages to be edited while in-game
All Warzone 2 Season 3 patch notes
- Tempered Plate Carrier
- Upgrades the Player’s Armor Plate Carrier to improve armor plate efficiency.
- Player now equips 2 stronger armor plates, down from 3
- Each armor plate counts for 75
- Can be found in strongholds and loot
- Bomb Drone Balancing
- Reduced the damage of the Bomb Drone so it will no longer one-hit-kill or down a fully armored player.
- Heavy Chopper
- Re-enabled this vehicle in the following modes:
- Added new Heavy Chopper gas cans unique to this vehicle that are required for initial takeoff.
- Spawn locations of these gas cans will differ between Battle Royale and DMZ.
- Battle Royale:
- One of five possible spawn locations will spawn Heavy Gas gas cans each match.
- One Heavy Chopper gas can is included as a guaranteed Stronghold mission reward.
- Subsequent refuelings can be done via Gas Stations or other Heavy Chopper gas cans
- This vehicle is now more vulnerable to explosive damage
- Re-enabled this vehicle in the following modes:
- Gas Mask
- The gas mask has been given a slight buffer when the player delays it from being put on or taken off. This should help catch situations where further delay is desired immediately after it was dropped.
- Decreased the time it takes to perform an interrogation to 3 seconds, down from 5
- Added a grace period if the downed Player is immediately eliminated after a successful interrogation.
- This guarantees that the enemy squad will be pinged at least once, up to three times during the grace period.
Quality of Life
- Mantle Assist Improvements
- Improved the system that would allow players to mantle over or through objects such as windows.
- Advanced UAV Improvements
- Enemy Players and AI Combatants will now appear differently while using an Advanced UAV
- Killstreak Banner Positioning
- The position of the Killstreak banner that appears on screen has been moved to no longer overlap with the player’s reticle.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to clip inside the Sentry Gun.
- Fixed several issues with placing a Sentry Gun on the train.
- Addressed an issue where Mortar Strikes were not doing enough damage against AI targets, making it hard to kill them.
- Recon/Bomb Drones will now die if the player goes into last stand.
- Added item persistence to Stim Pistol / Rebreather. Now Stim pistol / Rebreather can be dropped after it has been activated.
- Fixed several issues caused by Players having both a Self Revive and Stim Pistol equipped.
- Fixed an issue with the Assimilation UI that could cause some squad members’ names or numbers to appear incorrectly.
Related: How to Unlock the FJX Imperium in COD MW2 & Warzone 2 on Prima Games