Nothing breaking the top slots though
Looks like a lot of people unwrapped shiny new Switch consoles this Christmas, as the following days saw adventure title Zelda: Breath of the Wild leap ten places to re-enter the UK’s Top Ten. Splatoon 2 also made Top Forty re-entry, now sitting at number 21.
Apart from this development, it was business as usually for the Top Five, which didn’t budge an inch in the week between Christmas Day and the start of the New Year. Super Mario Odyssey managed to haul itself up another spot, while racers Gran Turismo: Sport and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe pushed back into the big leagues.
As January high-street sales come into effect and Christmas gift vouchers do the rounds, not much movement can be expected in the Top Five until 2018’s first heavy-hitters — namely Monster Hunter: World and Dragon Ball FighterZ — arrive on the scene.
Regardless, given this week’s sales boost for Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda: BOTW, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, the UK clearly just got a bevy of new Switch owners.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: December 30 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. Star Wars Battlefront II – Electronic Arts
4. Assassin’s Creed Origins – Ubisoft
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
7. Gran Turismo: Sport – Sony Entertainment
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]