The event kicks off on November 12, 2022 at 2:00PM locally
Throughout its now lengthy existence, Pokemon Go has ran a number of “community day” events, that sort of beam into the player base across the world. Some of them provide item bonuses, others increase the drop rate of certain Pokemon, and so on. This one coming up this month will be centered around evolving evolve Ursaring into Ursaluna.
Here’s what Niantic has to say about the event, via a detailed blog post:
“We’re excited to announce that Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon, will be featured during November Community Day! And hang on–is that a full moon during the day? Ursaluna, will make its Pokemon Go debut during this event! Evolve Ursaring (Teddiursa’s Evolution) during a special full moon to get an Ursaluna of your own. From Saturday, November 12, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. to Sunday, November 13, 2022, at 6:00 a.m. local time, a full moon will appear in the Pokemon Go skies! While the full moon is visible, you’ll be able to evolve your Ursaring into Ursaluna. Once the moon sets, you will only be able to evolve your Ursaring to Ursaluna when the moon is full again.”
The big things to remember about the Ursaring/Ursaluna event in Pokemon Go:
- You basically have one day to do it starting November 12
- You’ll need 100 Teddiursa Candy to trigger the evolution
- Several items and bonuses (below) will be in effect during the event, beyond the evolution gimmick
Ursaring/Ursaluna event bonuses:
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- One additional Special Trade can be made, for a maximum of two for the day.*
- Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust.