A free content update just hit PC
The open-world RPG Outward is smoothing out some of its rough edges and expanding its endgame with a free content update. You love to see it! The update is live as of today on PC and arriving soon for Xbox One and PS4 players, with another patch – a stutter-fixing engine update – coming up next.
If you’re wondering about that curious headline, the “Code Sonic” trick was out there before but not necessarily widely known. With this update, super speed can be enabled without the cheat panel – and it works on consoles, too. Just give your character that name and dig into Outward‘s settings menu.
As for what’s new:
- Panel to assign controllers to players.
- Equipment can now be repaired at any blacksmith.
- Unarmed attack.
- Hidden endgame boss fights.
- End game items.
- Hardcore mode.
- There is an additional season in Enmerkar Forest where it is foggy and colder (not as cold as Winter in the Chersonese).
- In order to reduce confusion, made the consequences of failing Vendavel quest clearer by changing the affected area.
- Added the following languages (text only): Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portugese (Brazil), Turkish.
And what’s changed:
- To open chests, you now need to hold the ‘interact’ button.
- Improved Legacy Chests.
- New body and skin materials for characters.
- Some face models have been changed.
- Several high level monsters now have low HP regen.
- Tweaked Gold Lich AI.
- Leap Attack can now be followed up by a normal or special attack.
- Shields now have an impact and damage stats.
- Shield related skills now take into consideration the new impact and damage stats of the equipped shield for their effects.
- Shield charge do not apply Confusion status anymore.
- Reduced chances of getting Vendavel defeat scenario in a row (Does not apply if was captured by talking to Croc).
- Oliele’s sword cannot be acquired from the Smuggler shop in Levant anymore.
- Reduced drop rate of traps in supply caches.
- Master Trader armors are not sold by Caravan Traders in Town and Cities anymore (Only by Cavaravan Traders in open areas).
- Changed how “Code Sonic” works. It can now be enabled without cheat panel (Also, works on console).
- Lantern and torches are turned off when entering a bed/tent.
- Broken gathering tools can’t be used anymore for gathering.
- Increase Chakram Pierce to x1 Weapon damage multiplicator
- Various UI improvements.
- Various balance changes.
- Various minor changes.
Nine Dots Studio has also announced a new sales milestone for Outward: 400,000 units sold.
This game has struck me as a diamond in the rough. I’m still on the fence, but I’m watching. If anything in this update is enough to move the needle for you, note that Outward is down to $23.99 on Steam.