No holds barred
2K Sports has announced the content of all their planned DLC packs for WWE 2K23 ahead of its March 17 launch. There will be five post-launch packs, bringing an additional 24 wrestlers (and one manager).
- Steiner Row Pack (April 19): Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Ahante Adonis, B-Fab (Manager), and Top Dolla
- Pretty Sweet Pack (May 17): Karl Anderson, Kit Wilson, Tiffany Stratton, Luke Gallows, Elton Prince
- Race to NXT Pack (June 14): Harley Race, Ivy Nile, Wendy Choo, Tony D’Angelo, Trick Williams
- Revel with Wyatt Pack (July 19): Bray Wyatt, Zeus, Joe Gacy, Valhalla, Blair Davenport
- Bad News U Pack (August 16): Nathan Frazer, Andre Chase, Wade Barrett, Damon Kemp, Eve Torres
Zeus is a pleasant and goofy surprise for WWE 2K23. He played the antagonist in the 1989 wrestle-propaganda movie No Holds Barred. He then got towed around by Hulk Hogan from the WWE (then WWF) to the WCW as a foil to his invincible face character. Matches involving him were absolutely ridiculous and memorable. His real name is Tommy “Tiny” Lister Jr., and while I’m not smark, I’ve read that he was held back in wrestling by his attachment to the Zeus character. He recently passed away in 2020, so having him in the game is a nice tribute.
There’s also “Handsome” Harley Race, whose career goes way back into the Golden Age of Wrestling. Not sure why he’s in the NXT pack. Bit of an odd choice, but I’ll take him as a substitute for Bruno Sammartino. Then, of course, there are the legendary Steiner Brothers from the WWF run. I’m sure many people wish it was Scott Steiner from his “Big Poppa Pump” era with the WCW, but I found that gimmick to be obnoxious.
I’m definitely showing my preferences for a certain era of wrestling here, as I don’t recognize a lot of the others. Our own Chris Moyse seems pleased about Wendy Choo’s inclusion, though.
WWE 2K23 is coming on March 17. It will be available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. You can check out the game’s full launch roster in our handy guide right here.