Wukong, The Monkey King, is Riot Games’ take on the popular Sun Wukong and they have adapted his mythological background to fit in the League of Legends universe. Apparently some Chinese players are not too happy with this forced adaptation, but most of Wukong’s abilities seem to at least show some attempt at a faithful recreation of the legendary hero.
Check out the abilities of the new DPS champion, who might just be wielding a Monkey King Bar, below.
- Stone Skin (Passive): Wukong’s armor and magic resistance are increased for each nearby enemy champion.
- Crushing Blow: Wukong swings his mighty staff with incredible speed, crushing his opponent. This attack deals additional physical damage and reduces the enemy’s Armor for a short duration.
- Decoy: Wukong utilizes his cleverness to trick his foes. He becomes stealthed for 1.5 seconds and leaves an uncontrollable decoy behind that will deal Magic Damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds.
- Nimbus Strike: Wukong dashes on a cloud toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing physical damage to each enemy struck.
- Cyclone (Ultimate): Wukong’s staff grows outward and he spins it around, dealing damage and knocking up enemies. Wukong gains movement speed over the duration of the spell.
Maybe you can give Wukong a try if you are annoyed with the recently nerfed Jax?