Global Release Times
Wrath Classic launches in the Americas, Europe, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia/New Zealand simultaneously. Check the details below for the exact time you can log in to the game and explore all that the new expansion has to offer.
- New Continent: Northrend – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend — Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord. A vast new continent awaits!
- New Hero Class: Death Knights – Available to both factions at Level 55, Death Knights harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. In Wrath Classic, Blizard is bypassing the requirement for a player’s first Death Knight character, unless they decide to pick a fresh realm.
- New Profession: Inscription – Scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities or create powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements – Show off your accomplishments and earn various rewards in WoW Classic!
- Dungeons & Raids – Multiple new dungeons and 3 raids will be available during Phase 1.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic is included with existing World of Warcraft subscriptions. If you subscribe to World of Warcraft, you can also play Wrath of the Lich King Classic at no additional cost.
New Hero Class: Death Knight
Death Knights are a new Hero Class available in Wrath Classic. They start at Level 55 in Ebon Hold and have 3 specializations to choose from: Blood, Frost, and Unholy. You do not need an existing Level 55 character on the same realm to create your first Death Knight in Wrath Classic. Fresh start realms are an exception to the rule. Any Death Knight created after your first one must be on a different realm, and requires an existing Level 55 character on the same realm. Completing the Death Knight intro in Wrath Classic rewards the Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm mount on live servers.
Rankings in Wrath Classic Phase 1
The new maximum skill cap for all professions is raised to 450. In Wrath Classic, professions offer various bonuses to your character. Our profession guides provide you with clear instructions on how to effectively level up your professions and reach the max cap.