Not Mr. Blobby
In what’s been a forgone conclusion for weeks, Activision’s military-shooter Call of Duty: WWII fought back a bevy of contenders to lay claim to the Christmas #1 slot in the UK charts.
The top three has been etched in stone for some time, with FIFA 18 taking second place and controversial space-shooter Star Wars: Battlefront II holding fast at third. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy made a final grasp for the brass ring, successfully climbing back to sixth place in what has been an amazing six months for the PlayStation remake.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is celebrating a second week in the big leagues, and The Sims 4 also made re-entry, landing at number nine. Elsewhere in the charts, Blizzard’s Overwatch shot straight back up the rankings, moving from thirty-two to eighteen. As always, Christmas has put driving games in top gear, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Need for Speed: Payback, Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo: Sport all making the top fifteen.
What was your game of choice this festive weekend?
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: December 23 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. Star Wars Battlefront II – Electronic Arts
4. Assassin’s Creed Origins – Ubisoft
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy – Activision
7. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
8. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
9. The Sims 4 – Electronic Arts
10. WWE 2K18 – Take 2
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]