Here are the rules. If you need any more clarification, just ask, or check out the old port to see how things work:
1. Portmanteau… what is it?
A portmanteau is basically two words, phrases, titles, or sentences that are tied together with one common word/part of a word. In this case it will be titles of movies and games. The last word of the first movie/game should be the first word of the second movie/game.
Night of the Living Dead Head Fred
Metroid Prime Suspects
2. One title must be a movie, and the other title must be a video game. No television shows or anything like that (at least not for right now). Which one comes first can switch from portmanteau to portmanteau.
3. You are allowed two (2) questions at a time, and you must wait until your previous questions have been answered before going again. If you ask more than two questions, your additional questions will be ignored and Jim Sterling will appear behind you if you say his name in the mirror ten times. Your two guesses can both be about the movie, or both about the game, or one of each.
Was the movie released after 1997?
Does the movie star Bruce Willis?
Is the game rated T?
Was the game released by Capcom?
Does the movie star Bruce Willis?
Does the game star Bruce Willis?
4. When you think you have an idea what the solution may be, you can use one or both of your guesses to try and guess the portmanteau.
5. No racism will be tolerated against white people.
6. Questions can only receive a “Yes” or “No” answer, so “How many…?” and “On which platform…?” type of questions can’t be answered.
Each week with every portmanteau, you will have the chance to win a prize. Just like at the carnival, if you would like a bigger prize you can save up wins (or credits or zenny or whatever you wanna call it) until you have enough to cash in for a giant stuff crab, or in this case a giant stuffed Master Chief helmet.
The lower end prizes may change from week to week (as I’m guessing that eventually one day a movie will come out that’s actually better than Pan’s Labyrinth) but the big stuff will remain until someone swoops it up. Additional prizes will also be added as the competition grows.
1* = Pan’s Labyrinth (Widescreen, DVD)
2 = Odin Sphere (PS2)
4 = World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Collector’s Edition (Sealed, PC)
4 = Halo 3: Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)
5 = Vacation Package #1: Cabo, Baja Mexico (4 days/3 nights, unlimited food and alcohol)
5 = Vacation Package #2: Las Vegas, Nevada (4 days/3 nights, $100 Visa gift card)
* 1 is 1 win, so for 3 you would need to guess 12 correctly. Just kidding, it would be, hold on… carry the one… divide the equation…. pie over the matrix algorithm squared…okay, for the level 3 prize you would need 3 wins. Duh.
IMPORTANT NEW RULE: Once my portmanteau has been solved, the winner must create their own port which will be checked by me and then that port will be posted here. If someone can guess that port correctly within a set amount of questions, they will win a prize and the original winner will only receive a half of a point (two halves equaling a small prize).
Last weeks port was solved with 75 legitimate questions asked. Technically it was closer to 100 hundred questions because I was asleep (which happens from time to time) and was unable to let everyone know that Gomeja was smarter than all of them, but this time I have the new Will Smith CD, some uncut heroine, and Guitar Hero on expert to keep me awake. Good luck!
I’m thinking of a portmanteau…