One of my personal highlights of last year’s PAX was the independent games showcase. Not only were the games good, they weren’t tucked away in some spiderweb-filled corner, which usually seems to be the case at other industry conventions.
Anyway, this year’s line-up has been chosen. I’ve only heard of about half of these, so I imagine most of them will be unknown to you guys:
- Altitude (PC) by Nimbly Games
- Bastion (Consoles and PC) by Supergiant Games
- Fowl Space (PC and Mac) by Pixelante
- Hegemony: Philip of Macedon (PC) by Longbow Games
- Plane Weaver (PC) by Team Plane Weaver
- Puzzle Bots (PC) by Wadjet Eye Games
- Retro City Rampage (WiiWare) by Vblank Entertainment Inc.
- Shibuya (iPhone/iPod) by Nevercenter
- Solace (PC) by One Man Down/DigiPen
- Super Meat Boy (XBLA, Wii, and PC) by Team Meat
Props to everyone selected! This is the part where I’m supposed to remind you that getting PAX tickets isn’t something you should procrastinate over, since they tend to sell out rather fast. Worst case scenario, you could still come to Seattle and have a fabulous time without even setting foot in the convention center.