Tides of darkness
The next character confirmed for Heroes of the Storm is Zul’jin, the axe-throwing forest troll you might remember from Warcraft II or his later appearance in World of Warcraft. Admittedly, I had to think back for a moment, but looking at images of the wicked pixel art jogged my memory.
Zul’jin is set to debut in early January, and here’s what you can expect from his kit:
- Activate to increase Basic Attack damage by 25% but consume 2% of your maximum Health per attack.
- Passive: Zul’jin attacks 1% faster for every 1% of maximum Health missing.
Grievous Throw (Q)
- Zul’jin throws an axe forward, dealing damage to the first 2 enemies hit and marking them for 8 seconds. Marked enemies take 50% bonus damage from Zul’jin’s next 3 Basic Attacks against them.
Twin Cleave (W)
- Throw 2 axes in a large circular arc, dealing damage and slowing affected enemies by 15% per axe for 2 seconds.
- Channel Zul’jin channels to regenerate 25% of his maximum Health over 4 seconds. Moving or taking damage while channeling will interrupt this effect.
- Zul’jin is Unkillable for the next 4 seconds, and cannot be reduced to less than 1 Health. Taz’dingo!
- Zul’jin throws a massive guillotine blade into the sky that crashes down on enemies in the targeted area. The lower Zul’jin’s Health, the more damage it deals.
To recap, if he’s headed your way and you don’t have an escape or allies to back you up, pray for mercy.
While we wait for January, it’s a particularly good time to check back in on Heroes. The Winter Veil event is in effect, Ragnaros has joined the fray, and the Haunted Mines map has returned with alterations.