This one mostly fixes low-end visuals
While the core Warcraft III experience was somewhat intact, the Reforged edition of the game opened to a thud earlier this year in late January.
Numerous issues were abound, most notably the unfortunate decision to morph the original Warcraft III client into the buggier and less feature-prone Reforged one. Slowly but surely Blizzard has been clawing its way back from the depths of that launch, which includes a new patch that just launched this week.
Titled 1.32.5, it seeks to fix a bunch of problems mostly of the aesthetic variety. Units and buildings have gotten a “color polish pass,” models have been changed to add consistency and visibility and some visuals have even changed to “match Classic”; which seems to go against the entire point of Reforged, but ended up being what players wanted in the end.
On the other side of the spectrum, units now have unique footprints, many portrait animations have been updated, and single-player mode for custom games is now back in, much to the delight of the community. You can find the full patch notes below. Progress! But there’s still plenty of work to do.
Warcraft III: Reforged Version 1.32.5 patch notes [Battle.net]
Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes Version 1.32.5
- All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
- Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
- Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
- Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
- Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
- Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
- Northrend Icy Tree Wall
- Northrend Tree Wall
- Snowy Tree Wall
- Scorched Tree Wall
- Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
- Trolls have their own unique footprint.
- Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
- Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
- Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
- Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
- Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
- Reduced Violence Mode updates:
- Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
- Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.
- Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
- Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
- Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
- Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.
- The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.
- Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
- Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
- All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
- Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
- Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.
- Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.
- Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
- Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
- Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
- The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.
April 29, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused Multiplayer win totals for Collections to be set to zero.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from joining custom games.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from starting any game.
- Single player custom games can again be created in the Russian locale.
- Reduced Violence Mode is again enabled where required.