The 10-part interview series goes up next week
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences has rounded up prolific creators for an interview series called The Game Makers: Inside Story, and does that sound cool to you? It sounds cool to me!
The 10-part series from director Jennie Kong will debut on February 15, ahead of the 20th annual D.I.C.E. Awards this month, and you’ll be able to catch the 10- to 15-minute episodes right on YouTube.
Expect to see appearances from these creators:
- Will Byles (Until Dawn)
- David Cage (Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain)
- Jenova Chen (Journey, Flower)
- Ian Dallas (What Remains of Edith Finch, Unfinished Swan)
- Mary DeMarle (Deus Ex series)
- Neil Druckmann (The Last of Us series, Uncharted series)
- Brian Hastings (Ratchet & Clank series, Edge of Nowhere VR)
- Amy Hennig (Untitled Star Wars project, Uncharted series)
- Hideo Kojima (Death Stranding, Metal Gear Solid series)
- Matt Korba (King’s Quest series)
- Jade Raymond (Upcoming Star Wars Battlefront, Assassin’s Creed 1&2)
- Dominic Robilliard (Entwined)
- Sean Vanaman (Firewatch, The Walking Dead)
- Ru Weerasuriya (Lone Echo VR, The Order: 1886)
- Kiki Wolfkill (Halo series)
The trailer feels fairly broad, but the episodes themselves will focus on specific topics, like the writing process, directing, environmental storytelling, and characters. This is an insightful, talented group of folks and I’m always down to watch in-depth interviews like this project. I hope they really dig in.