Yesterday we detailed what you’d be getting if you play the Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demos. Well today Electronic Arts has released a little video showing off how the special items look in action.
The Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo will be out on January 17 and the Mass Effect 3 demo will be out later this month. You can check out the full breakdown of item unlocks below.
Well fancy that. You’re going to get free items for playing free demos. I hope this becomes a bigger trend.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo item unlocks for Mass Effect 3:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
Mass Effect 3 demo item unlocks for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo item unlocks for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.