Some games never die because of the love fans have for them, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is one of those games. A new fan patch — apparently from a series of “proper” ones — was released this week, bring it to revision 7.6b.
It restores things like unused music and “bisexual Phil” to the game, as well as fixing a bunch of bugs you can find listed below. Moreover, and just like the case with Deus Ex, anytime someone mentions Bloodlines, somebody somewhere is going to reinstall it. So now you can do that and have the latest patch.
- (+) is for Plus Edition players only!
- +Restored unused OST music, thanks Rik Schaffer, SteveMV and Kendrel.
- +Enabled you to keep Jack’s .38 pistol and restored bisexual Phil.
- +Added Humanity loss for sending Copper to Nines and no-stake option.
- +Tried to fix possible name plate bug and updated missing fists fix.
- Fixed lost Mercurio email and removed extra Gargoyle XP from basic.
- Added dumpster downtown to cover map hole and made Phil stay longer.
- Corrected Imalia only handing out one camera and fixed missing pier music.
- Added Malkavian whispers transcript to Extras, thanks to an unknown.
- Fixed Nosferatu and Malkavian detection script of King’s Way level.
- Replaced ancient Python 2.1 version with 2.7.2, thanks ColonelAlias.
- Fixed spawning of Hallowbrook enemies and more minor level details.
And just because you were wondering the exact same thing: why yes, there is a sparkle mod for Bloodlines. Oh Jasper Hale…
Undying: Vampire Bloodlines Patched Anew [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]