Planning ahead for spending
Steam Sales and Fests are an opportune moment for PC owners to fill up their gaming backlog. And Valve is taking a little bit of the guesswork and speculation out of the Steam Sale schedule for 2023.
In a blog, Valve outlines the schedule for 2023 in terms of Steam Sales and Fests. The former is self-explanatory, as Steam Sales entail big, sweeping discounts throughout Valve’s digital storefront, usually with some deep cuts into price tags. Fests are themed celebrations that do usually have discounts, but also bring in some thematic celebration or even a slew of new demos for upcoming games. From genre-focused celebrations to the increasingly popular Next Fest demo onslaught, these Steam Festivals are fun spotlights into the ever-growing Steam catalog.
Whether it’s the big seasonal sales or a collection of what’s to come from smaller developers, this schedule should at least help out in knowing what’s on the way. Here’s the full 2023 lineup.
2023 Steam Sale and Fest schedule
- Mystery Fest: February 20 – 27
- Spring Sale: March 16 – 23
- Puzzle Fest: April 24 – May 1
- Sports Fest: May 15 – 22
- Next Fest: June 19 – 26
- Summer Sale: June 29 – July 13
- Stealth Fest: July 24 – 31
- Visual Novel Fest: August 7 – 14
- Strategy Fest: August 28 – September 4
- SHMUP Fest: September 25 – October 2
- Next Fest: October 9 – 16
- Return of Steam Scream Fest (Halloween): October 26 – November 2
- Autumn Sale: November 21 – 28
- Winter Sale: December 21 – January 4, 2024
Now you’ve got an easy way to plan ahead and make some cost-saving choices around those big events. Because really, what is a Steam Sale if not an excellent way to pile on-top of your insurmountable backlog?