Forward into another Forward
This past weekend, Ubisoft (who mentioned ahead of time that they weren’t going to address their company culture) gave us another “not-E3-but-totally-probably-E3” presentation. It was…technically a presentation.
In this endless summer of marketing, publishers are scrambling to put together 45-minute-to-an-hour streams that seemingly have nothing to say beyond “here’s a trailer coming to YouTube,” and Ubisoft Forward was perhaps the epitome of that scrappy philosophy. If you weren’t impressed though Ubisoft says there’s more to come, as company CEO Yves Guillemot noted that there will be another Ubisoft Forward this year that will reveal even more info.
Guillemot declined to elaborate on when that might happen, so “please look forward to it,” as they say.
As a reminder, here’s a basic recap of what happened this past weekend on the inaugural Forward:
- Watch Dogs 2 will be free to own for PC on July 12 during the Ubisoft Forward stream
- Ubisoft reminds us that Watch Dogs: Legion (out in October) still exists with a new trailer
- Brawlhalla comes to mobile with cross-play on August 6
- Hyper Scape is Ready Player One by way of Ubisoft
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is bringing bloody brutality to the Brits this November
- Here’s another quick look at Giancarlo ‘Gus’ Esposito in Far Cry 6, out next February