This place used to justify its own announcements
The Tilted Towers Fortnite update is out: and no it’s not a misnomer. This is Tilted Towers coming back in the current Chapter 3 Season 1.
For those of you not in the know, Tilted Towers is a famous/infamous location in Fortnite that stuck around for a long time, and divided the playerbase. The gist is that it became a super popular central location, allowing high-risk-high-reward firefights. But it also impacted the rest of the map, as many matches would center around it.
Part of the storyline involving the new inverted island in Chapter 3 includes the landscape “thawing out,” and now everyone’s favorite named location, Tilted Towers, is back.
Version 19.10 has a few other tricks up its sleeve too. “Klombos,” which are basically a kind of dragon, are in. They’re a new type of wildlife, and “are peaceful unless provoked.” Their blowholes can also help you ascend into the sky, and they “sneeze out items.” The grenade launcher is also back in action, and the stinger SMG and the MK-Seven Assault Rifle (the one that zooms) have been nerfed a bit damage-wise, while the auto shotgun had its reload speed increased.
You can find the rest of the minutiae below!
- Klombos and Grenade Launchers are not included in competitive playlists. Klomberries are included, however.
- Shield Kegs have been added to competitive playlists.
- Armored Walls have been added to competitive playlists, at a reduced pick-up limit.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue involving Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters getting interrupted after players swung onto web bouncers.
- Fixed an issue involving players encountering a “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join a match as a spectator. With this issue fixed, the option to join a match as a spectator has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable healing from resting in a Tent. Healing from resting in a Tent is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving campfires sometimes not healing players.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable DLSS for DirectX 11. DLSS for DirectX 11 is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue involving Daily Quests not being visible in the Quests tab after players returned from a non-core mode.