Update punishes first to leave in ranked
One of my favorite things in Rocket League is when someone tragically knocks the ball into their own goal and immediately leaves out of presumed embarrassment. Replays tell all. But that’s in unranked play, where spots aren’t left empty for long. Quitters in ranked matches aren’t so amusing.
Psyonix has a new update out today that should deter dropouts. Here are the important bits:
- “Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
- Stat tracking for online games is now properly recorded for its correlating Garage items
- AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
- The first player to abandon a Ranked match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
- (PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
- (Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
- Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Find the full notes at the link below and please, please watch this video Darren captured.
Rocket League Patch Notes v1.03 [Psyonix]
“I may be bad at Rocket League, but at least my opponent is worse.”
We’ve all been there!