Yesterday evening saw the debut of Podcastle LIVE, an ambitious project which we undertook with no practice, planning or experience, in order to present our European podcast to a public audience who could interact with us in IRC, as well as “call in” to the show. The results were … surprisingly not all that terrible. The recording quality took a little dip, and because it was a split-second decision to mount this attempt, the lack of planning is apparent, but I think the recording we have for you ain’t too shabby. Here are the highlights to listen out for:
- Skypecasts – one big shag-a-thon
- Wardrox loves Call of Duty 4 now
- AIDS Princess
- Xbox Live’s DRM is bloody rubbish
- Live audience laughs at Wardrox via IRC in REAL TIME
- Vlambo is our first call-in: HE IS TIRED
- BunnyRabbit2 agrees with everyone
- Idiotic call-in is idiotic
- Necros does his Brit research for The Podcastle
- Idiotic call-in is still idiotic, and tries to Rick Roll us this time
- At this point, you’ll be thinking “have they talked about videogames at all in the past half an hour?”
- A discussion on racism. Still no mention of videogames.
- The Australian tosser who only came on to sing a Coldplay song and FAILED
Podcastle LIVE is available to stream or download from our official page, and can also be found on iTunes. If you listen to this week’s show, I do ask for your feedback this time, because we’re interested in improving the live format and making it a regular part of The Podcastle, but that all hinges on whether or not you, our treasured and stinking listeners, like it.