Coinciding with an already eventful Tokyo Game Show this week, the PlayStation Store is hosting a sale on – you guessed it! – games that hail from Japan (as well as others with much more tenuous connections). The Big in Japan sale runs until September 24 at 8:00am Pacific with deals on PS4, PS4, and Vita titles. Just this once, there’s a not-insignificant number of PlayStation Vita games.
The PlayStation Blog has a full text list of the games on sale if, like me, you hate scrolling through the store interface and avoid it whenever possible. Some PS4 recommendations, at least to get us started:
- Birthdays the Beginning ($19.99)
- Castlevania Anniversary Collection ($9.99) | Castlevania Requiem ($9.99)
- Contra Anniversary Collection ($9.99)
- Dark Souls Remastered ($19.99) | Dark Souls II: SotFS ($9.99) | Dark Souls III ($14.99)
- Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition ($7.49) | Devil May Cry 5 ($35.99)
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 ($47.99)
- Lots of Final Fantasy!
- Judgment ($38.99)
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 ($23.99) (Also available separately for $11.99)
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ($20.39)
- PixelJunk Monsters 2 ($5.99)
- Lots of Resident Evil!
- Sekiro ($44.99)
- Shenmue I & II ($17.99)
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap ($9.99)
- Yakuza Kiwami ($9.99) | Yakuza Kiwami 2 ($24.99) | Yakuza 6 ($19.99)
Not all of the prices are competitive, but I like these games enough to mention them.
Related: After catching the insane(ly good) story trailer for Yakuza: Like a Dragon this morning, I feel re-energized. I need to wrap up Kiwami 2, something I’ve been putting off for way too long.
Big in Japan [PlayStation Store US]