No free DLC this week
When The Witcher 3‘s Patch 1.07 releases later this week on all platforms, players will find changes to inventory that make the process of hauling around tons of equipment far more manageable. That includes not only the literal inventory screen, but also your physical inventory and what you do with it when you don’t want it on your person.
Maybe the most welcome fix is the simple addition of several options for sorting the inventory. Also, books are given their own tab and read ones are grayed out. From a planning perspective, alchemy and crafting components will no longer have a weight, meaning you can carry around as much as you can find. CD Projekt Red also outlined a new stash system where you can offload and store gear at various locations.
Apart from general bug squashing and optimization, two other things stand out. Improvements are made to horse behavior, and there’s an alternate movement response mode for Geralt. The latter is rather vague so we don’t know what it entails, but it seems like it could be a change that makes an impact.
As CD Projekt Red says this is quite a large update, it has put free DLC on hold this week. The developer says this patch is “all hands on deck” with regard to studio resources. No worries, though — the free add-ons come back next week.
The talking points of the update are below, as written by CD Projekt Red. The full notes will be available in a few days.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms! [CD Projekt Red forums]