Patch 1.05 is live
There’s some new Elden Ring quality of life features afoot, courtesy of patch 1.05, which just dropped this week.
One big change? Bell Bearings (items that let you buy new items from shops after being turned in) will carry over to New Game+ runs. It sounds small, but it’s a really nice change that streamlines multiple playthroughs. In short, you only need to find those items one time and they’ll augment all future playthroughs: rather than go through the tediousness of doing them over and over.
The team also shored up information via in-game menus, and added sound effects when other summon signs pop up. On PC, several Elden Ring quality of life features have been added, including a “return to desktop” option that was inexplicably missing day one. Mouse and keyboard detection is also smoother overall in several respects. As someone who played through their first run on PC, these are appreciated, and keep going!
You can find the “general” and PC-centric bits of the changelog below. For all the granular info on bugs and the like that may or may not be impacting you; make sure you read the whole thing on Bandai Namco’s site. It’s live on all platforms (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X) now.
Additional Elden Ring quality of life elements in patch 1.05
- In transactions with the NPC “Twin Maiden Husk”, the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
- Bone Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Meat Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Medicine Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing/Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing/Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing
- Added emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu
- Added sound effects when other players’ summon signs appear
Additions and modifications for PC version only
- Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in “PRESS ANY BUTTON” on the title screen.
- Added “Return to Desktop” to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
- Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
- Fixed a bug that slowed performance when changing “Screen Mode” and “Resolution” in a special procedure.