Add this banner to the billions of others you don’t use
Splatoon 3 is keeping up the same cute marketing campaign as it has in the past: adding “SplatNet” rewards that require scanning in a QR code. This one, released in late March 2023, involves a “Boston-themed banner.” No, it’s not a Dunkin Donuts/Ben Affleck promo. But there is a lobster (lobstah?) involved.
SRL Acronym Team back from vacation with a SQUID—a Super Quick Update Involving Downloads! Right now you can scan this QR code in SplatNet 3 and then head to the lobby terminal to get a sweet Boston-themed banner commemorating the Splatoon 3 North American Championship! pic.twitter.com/FSEqIKzjUl
— Splatoon North America (@SplatoonNA) March 27, 2023
Said banner is Boston-themed because of the recent Splatoon 3 tournament sponsored by Nintendo: which was held at PAX East this past weekend in Boston, Massachusetts. Team Starburst beat out team Destiny Bond with a sweep, becoming the winners of the 2023 Splatoon 3 North American Championship. Hey look, it’s a free gift! Take it or leave it.
Scan this QR code for the Splatoon 3 Boston reward:
- First off, you can’t just scan the QR code with your camera app on your phone. You’ll need to go download the Nintendo Switch Online app on either iOS or Android.
- Once you have the app, load it up, log into your Nintendo Switch Online account, and look for the Splatoon 3 icon at the top. That’s actually “Splatnet 3,” and it’s the app-within-the-app that you’ll need to use to scan the below codes.
- After Splatnet 3 loads, scroll to the bottom and look for the “QR Code Reader” icon.
- Select “use your smartphone’s camera to scan a QR code” to directly scan codes from this article, or select “scan a QR code from a saved image” (you may need to give your app access to your phone’s camera or image collection).
- That’s it! The code will then redeem and you’ll be able to pick the reward up from the in-game terminal. Depending on the size of the code you may need to move your camera around a bit.