And the patch notes
The time has finally come: all of the (currently announced) Cadence of Hyrule launches are fully complete!
As of today, Cadence has three DLCs on offer: a character pack (Impa, Aria, Shadow Link, Shadow Zelda, Frederick), a 39-song melody pack and today’s “Symphony of the Mask” DLC with Skull Kid. The latter one is really the main attraction as the “story DLC” of the pack, which ushers in three brand new modes (Skull Kid, puzzle, arena).
In addition to brand new maps, the Skull Kid DLC also has five new songs, as well as new enemies and such. At this point, Cadence of Hyrule is packed with stuff to do. The characters already feel fairly different, but the mechanic of Skull Kid being able to swap its powers is going to be very enticing for subsequent playthroughs.
It’s hard to believe this game is over a year old! It was one of my favorites from 2019, so be sure and put it on your radar if it isn’t already. You still have time if you’re not a digital person; as a complete edition is arriving on October 23 at multiple retailers in physical form.
Cadence of Hyrule [Brace Yourself Games]
Patch Notes 1.4.0
- New character: Skull Kid
- New game mode: Skull Kid story mode
- New game mode: Puzzle Mode
- New game mode: Arena Mode
- 5 new music tracks
- 2 new dungeons
- New towns and overworld areas
- New tilesets, enemies, items, traps, and more!
- Added a projectile effect to Link’s Spin Attack when at full health
- Changed Zora enemies to breathe ice instead of fire
- Changed the Tingle Tuner to always play a sound regardless of the console’s rumble settings
- Fixed an issue where helper characters could be stuck with no weapon in the fight against Ganon
- Fixed some cases where multi-tile enemy attacks could hit the player unfairly on stairs
- Fixed the timing of some multi-beat abilities (like the hookshot) in 2P fixed-beat mode
- Fixed some bugs related to having the shopkeeper re-appear in dungeon mode after having been defeated
- Fixed some exploits where Impa could escape the map using her vanish ability
- Fixed some localization issues
- Many other bug fixes and balance changes