Mishima Zaibatsu back in action
This week’s UK Charts continues to see most games simply jockeying for position, as we wait for the first major releases of 2020 to come in and shake things up a little. In the meantime, Electronic Arts’ FIFA 20 has returned to the number one spot, pushing Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare into second place and EA’s own Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order into third.
The only big shakeup sees three older titles make huge leaps up their respective ladders. A Bandai Namco in-store promotion has seen fighting sequel Tekken 7 and racer Project Cars 2 both leave the high ’30s and rocket into numbers four and five respectively. Also making a comeback is Nintendo’s Super Mario Odyssey, which climbs from number 22 to number seven.
Elsewhere, Nintendo dominates the physical sales charts, with Super Mario Maker 2, Zelda’s Breath of the Wild and Link’s Awakening, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Party, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training all holding Top 40 positions.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: January 11, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. FIFA 20 – Electronic Arts
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Activision
3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Electronic Arts
4. Tekken 7 – Bandai Namco Entertainment
5. Project Cars 2 – Bandai Namco Entertainment
6. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
7. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
8. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
10. Borderlands 3 – 2K Games