Still coming in 2023
Guile in Street Fighter 6? Believe it! As if it was even hard to believe in the first place. He’ll be flash-kicking like it was 1991 in the 2023-bound fighter.
I mean, we knew he was coming. If it wasn’t completely obvious that he was going to make it in, we got a 22-character leak recently that gave us what we were looking for following the release of the trailer.
Capcom also confirmed Guile’s moveset after the reveal:
- Somersault Kick (Flash Kick) – The classic backflip kick
- Sonic Boom – Guile’s main projectile ability
- Sonic Blade – A stationary aerial slash
- Sonic Hurricane – A massive aerial slash that lands directly ahead or diagonally upwards
- Solid Puncher – Fires a flurry of small Sonic Boom projectiles
- Crossfire Somersault – A brand new Super Art that fires a massive aerial slash followed by a devastating Somersault Kick
Guile in Street Fighter 6 is one of the least-surprising “E3 kickoff” announcements I’ve seen in a while, but at the very least, we got to see a little more of Street Fighter 6 in action. That said, this Guile in Street Fighter 6 reveal brings me back. There’s something special about every single bit of granular info doled out for a fighting game. It’s one of those genres where you can hold onto tiny morsels of gameplay like scraps, fighting out those frame-perfect moves and studying up in the virtual lab before you even get your hands on the game. It’s magical.
I can remember downloading 480p trailers of fighting and character action games back in the day! Now I have them at my fingertips in high resolution. I’m playing with power!