Many of us who bought The Oddboxx for PC last month were left disappointed in the worst possible way. This collection of Oddworld games — Abe’s Oddysee, Abe’s Exoddus, Munch’s Oddysee, and Stranger’s Wrath — contained titles that were unplayable on multiple levels.
Personally, I couldn’t get more than ten frames per second with Stranger’s Wrath. A patch has come out and thank eff, the game is now playable and actually runs in widescreen. I can’t speak for the current status of Munch’s Oddysee, but it’s supposed to not crash now.
While it’s sounding like there are still plenty of known issues, I’m just happy to be able to play a game I purchased. One that’s been on my pile of shame for far too long.
The Oddworld Oddboxx gets patched [PC Gamer]
- Fixed performance issues.
- Fixed save game permissions issues. Save games and config file are now saved in “Program Files” to “\Documents\Oddworld\Stranger’s Wrath”.
- Fixed controls “sticking” issues.
- Fixed tutorial text – Camera mode switch button text.
- Fixed tutorial text – Camera reset button text.
- Fixed broken achievement “Mine your business”.
- Fixed incorrect texts being displayed in controls Layout screens.
- Fixed 5.1 and 7.1 audio.
- Fixed Mouse lag.
- Fixed issue with only 1 of 3 dialogue lines working in Jail house.
- Fixed first person view on nVidia boards.
- Added screen resolution selection to launcher.
- Added v-sync option to launcher.
- Added joystick selection to launcher.
- Added customizable controls.
- Added support for third party “generic” joypads.
- Added widescreen support.
- Re-authored Keyboard “layout” screen in options.
- Removed automatic joypad detection.
PC Update #1
- Fix crash issues
- Fix sound issues
- Broken achievement fixes