Namely, the infamous Dathomir bug
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order serves as a nice cap to a busy 2019, but there’s still cleanup to be done. As I noted in my review Fallen Order is often great at being a Jedi simulator, but suffers from the now infamous EA-engine disease (sorry Anthem). Respawn has some work to do before the PC and console editions of the game are up to snuff, and in addition to a performance patch last week, another round of fixes just arrived.
Most of them focus around minor issues, but there are a few gamebreaking bugs being fixed here, notably the infamous Dathomir progression glitch. To sum it up: you have the option to go to a late-game planet fairly early on without some sequence breaking skills, but if you do so, you run the risk of getting yourself into a sticky situation where you can’t actually escape a particularly glitchy area.
BD-1, as cute as he may seem, was also causing numerous bugs, that sneaky little droid. At least three of the bug fixes in the new patch specifically deal with it, namely his buggy disappearing act. My favorite single addition? Respawn made the Force (mana) bar easier to read, so you can now tell exactly how much meter you have when using force abilities (casting spells). That’ll make replays a little less frustrating! Now about those framerate fixes, especially on base PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
You can find the full patch notes below. Hopefully there’s many more deployments to come.
- There was an issue that would sometimes cause BD-1 to turn invisible after completing Bogano. This has been fixed and everyone’s favourite droid will now be visible.
- The Force bar has had its colour switched, making it easier to read.
- You will no longer be able to glitch through a wall on Ilum.
- An issue that caused the Spire of Miktrull from being raised has been fixed.
- A missing bridge on Dathomir has been located, no longer blocking game progress.
- Spheres can no longer get stuck in the wall within the Tomb of Eilram.
- An issue preventing players from leaving the tomb on Dathomir has been addressed.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from completing the Force Push tutorial.
- Players can no longer bypass a specific area on Dathomir that requires double jump.
- BD-1 will no longer disappear during a later section of the game.
- Talking to BD-1 during the AT-AT scene on Kashyyyk will no longer break the scene.
- There was an issue which prevented players from locating the double bladed lightsaber on Dathomir, this has been addressed.
- Improved collision on Bogano.
- Improved collision on Ilum.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the player to die at the same time as another [spoiler] character.
- Fixed an issue which would cause parts of the level to become affected by lightsaber throws during one of the fights with [spoiler].
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on Dathomir after defeating [spoiler].
- Fixed an issue from occurring where a character would not appear on Dathomir, and thus preventing players from progressing.
- An issue preventing players from completing a sphere puzzle on Zeffo has been addressed.