Seven hero powers to click through
Those of you who, like me, used to be heavily invested in plastic instrument music games likely remember Guitar Hero‘s Star Power. Do well at the song you’re playing, tilt the guitar neck up, and get a bonus multiplier to your score for a limited amount of time. It seems that the same functionality is coming to Guitar Hero Live too, if only on one of the game’s modes and under a new name.
There are seven newly retitled Hero Powers in Guitar Hero Live, which are activated either through tilting the guitar or hitting the new Hero Power button on the controller. These powers can apparently only be used during the game’s new online focused Guitar Hero TV mode, but will be usable in both single and multiplayer. New powers can be bought using in-game currency, earned by doing well in game.
So, I know you’re just itching to find out what these powers do. Thankfully, we have a full list of all seven powers for you below.
- Clear Highway – Removes all immediate notes from your note highway instantly. The notes are counted as hits, which adds to your score, score streak, and score multiplier.
- Double Multiplier – Your score multiplier will double for the duration of the Hero Power.
- Dial Down – Temporarily reduces the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway. This is especially effective during difficult portions of the song to maintain a big score multiplier.
- Dial Up – Temporarily increases the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway, therefore giving you a chance to increase your score.
- Score Chaser – Maximum score multiplier is temporarily doubled.
- Safety Net – Holds your multiplier and score streak at its current value.
- Invincibility – Temporarily hits all notes, and missing notes do not register.
So, are you excited to unlock these new abilities in Guitar Hero Live? Are you a purist who would rather scores were down to skill? Time to hash this out in an old fashion guitar battle in the comments.