The 2020 remaster got most of the way there with the track list
If you were anxious or curious about the soundtrack for this year’s Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remaster, wonder no more: Activision released a “first look” at the track list on Spotify today.
- “Police Truck” by Dead Kennedys
- “Superman” by Goldfinger
- “Jerry was a Racecar Driver” by Primus
- “New Girl” by The Suicide Machines
- “Here & Now” by The Ernies
- “Euro-Barge” by The Vandals
- “Blood Brothers” by Papa Roach
- “Guerilla Radio” by Rage Against the Machine
- “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” by Naughty by Nature
- “You” by Bad Religion
- “When Worlds Collide” by Powerman 5000
- “No Cigar” by Millencolin
- “Cyclone” by Dub Pistols
- “May 16” by Lagwagon
- “Subculture” by Styles of Beyond
- “Heavy Metal Winner” by Consumed
- “Evil Eye” by Fu Manchu
- “Five Lessons Learned” by Swingin’ Utters
Along with these 18 tracks, Activision also shared a promo image with a few more names.
I see you, Speedealer. And that goes for you too, Evenrude.
THPS wouldn’t be nearly as iconic or groundbreaking without its soundtrack. That’s a fact of life. At the same time – licensing being the mess that it is – there were bound to be omissions like “Cyco Vision” and “Bring the Noise.” Those cuts hurt in such a nostalgic remaster, but I’m pleasantly surprised overall.
Do you feel old listening to these time-capsule tracks? Embrace it! It’s the mood of 2020.