Includes online fixes and difficulty reduction
Well, that was fast. Announced not even a few days ago, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s 1.2.0 update is now live. Amongst the small list of fixes coming to the all-star fighter is the promise that online stability has been addressed. There are also a few changes to fighters (of which the update list doesn’t go into specifics) and a decrease in difficulty for “Approaching Fighters.” That last point should be very welcomed by some of you.
To update the game, you’ll need to actually close it and force your Switch to download it. The patch is required to jump back in for online battles, though all other modes will function without it. You can find the full patch notes below or by clicking the image in the gallery.
- Offline Gameplay
– Adjusted difficulty of Approaching Challengers
- Online Gameplay
– When matchmaking in Quickly, the Format setting of your Preferred Rules will be more highly prioritized. This may cause matchmaking to take more time, and there’s still no guarantee that you’ll find a match that has your exact Preferred Rules.
– Increased the stability of the synchronous connection within Battle Arenas.
– Game balance adjustments
– Various gameplay fixes
– The fighers that had specific adjustments are listed below.
- Adjusted Fighters
– Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAC, Duck Hunt and Isabelle.